**(NOTE: The lids of the jars MUST BE depressed. If the jars did not “pop,” re-process in the canner for 10 additional minutes or place in the refrigerator and use within 3 weeks.)
- Carefully measure out the sugar and set aside.
- Measure 1 cup of peaches at a time and place in a non-reactive cooking pot. Mash peaches with a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon. repeat with remaining peaches.
- Add whole candied ginger pieces and butter. Stir in lemon juice. Turn heat on and bring fruit mixture to a low simmer. Add the pectin into the fruit mixture and bring to a rolling boil.
- Quickly stir in sugar. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Remove pieces of candied ginger. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Carefully ladle jam into sterilized jars, allowing 1/8 in at the top. Wipe the rims of the jars clean and apply lids. Gently place rings on jars and loosely tighten.
- Place jars in canner full of boiling water. Make sure they sitting below 1-2 inches of water. Once the canner returns to a roaring boil, process the cans for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars and place on a kitchen towel to cool. Once cool store in a cool dark place for up to 1 year.*