**(NOTE: The lids of the jars MUST BE depressed. If the jars did not “pop,” re-process in the canner for 10 additional minutes or place in the refrigerator and use within 3 weeks.)
- Carefully measure out the sugar and set aside.
- Add the peppers and vinegar to a food processor. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Place the peaches in a non reactive pot and mash with a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon. Add the lemon juice, butter and pepper mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Over medium high heat, bring the peach and pepper mixture to a simmer. Add pectin and bring to a roaring boil for 1 minute. Add the sugar; boil for 1 minute more.
- Remove the jelly from the heat. carefully ladle jelly into sterilized jars, leaving 1/8 inch of space at the top. Wipe the rims of the jars clean and apply lids. Gently place rings on jars and loosely tighten.
- Place jars in canner full of boiling water. Make sure they sitting below 1-2 inches of water. Once the canner returns to a roaring boil, process the cans for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars and place on a kitchen towel to cool. Once cool store in a cool dark place for up to 1 year.*