This throw is knitted with 5 strands at a time on size 50 knitting needles and takes approximately 6 hours to finish.
- 9 oz. of bulky weight yarn (grade 5) in Color A
- 9 oz. of bulky weight yarn (grade 5) in Color B
- 9 oz. of bulky weight yarn (grade 5) in Color C
- 15 oz. of bulky weight yarn (grade 5) in Color D
- Size 50 (25 mm) knitting needles
- Size K-10.5 (6.5 mm) crochet hook
- Large-Eye Blunt Needle
With one strand each of A, B and C, and 2 strands of D held together cast on 34 stitches.
Row 1 (right side): Knit.
Row 2: Purl.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until Afghan measures 54 in. (137 cm) from beginning. Bind off.
Weave in ends.
For each fringe, cut a strand of each yarn 20 in. (51 cm). Hold strands together and fold in half. With crochet hook, draw fold through edge of piece forming a loop. Pull ends of fringe through loop and tighten. Place fringes evenly along first and last rows of Afghan. Trim fringe ends evenly.