Most delicious meal I have eaten in a long-time. Cooking the lamb in the pressure cooker makes it irresistibly moist and infuses it with sweet lemon flavor. Recipe serves 4.
|2 Tbs. olive oil
2 lb lamb stew meat
3 garlic cloves, coarse chop
Salt & Pepper to Taste
6 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
6 Tbs.chicken stock
|12 cherry tomatoes
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. fresh chopped oregano
1/4 C feta cheese
- Coat the bottom of the cooker with the oil and and heat over a medium high burner. Add the meat—as much will comfortably fit at one time—and brown well. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the garlic.
- Once the meat is lightly browned on all sides, add the lemon juice and chicken stock. Lock lid into place and bring to high pressure over medium heat. Lower the heat to maintain a consistent pressure and cook for 20 minutes. Release pressure by the quick release method.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare orzo according to package directions and drain.
- Wash and cut in half a dozen cherry tomatoes. Heat a Tbs. of olive oil in a pan and cook the tomatoes, cut side down until lightly browned. Set aside.
- When the pasta is finished, toss with tomatoes, oregano and feta in a large bowl. If desired, drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the Lemon Garlic Lamb Stew.